By Peter M. Kellett
Read or Download Conflict Dialogue: Working With Layers of Meaning for Productive Relationships PDF
Best violence in society books
This e-book explores the character of energy in folks, teams, and countries through asking a query that we will be able to comprehend in modern phrases: what might invoice Gates do if he had Hitler’s absolute energy? it's a sociological query that exposes energy as a device of regulate over the powerless, no longer as a mental trait or manners of private interactions.
Masculinity and the ambiguity of Violence in American Fiction, 1950-75 explores the intersections of violence, masculinity, and racial and ethnic stress in the United States because it is depicted within the fiction of Ralph Ellison, Richard Wright, Norman Mailer, Saul Bellow, James Baldwin, and Philip Roth. Maggie McKinley reconsiders the longstanding organization among masculinity and violence, finding a problematical paradox inside works through those writers: as each one writer figures violence as crucial to the institution of a liberated masculine identification, using this violence frequently reaffirms many constricting and emasculating cultural myths and gear constructions that the authors and their protagonists are searching for to overturn.
Concentrating on relations violence all over the world, kin Violence From a world point of view: A Strengths-Based procedure attracts at the services of authors from sixteen nations representing 17 cultures to inform the tale of household violence of their respective components of the area. This special edited assortment through Sylvia M.
Traditions of sacrifice exist in nearly each human tradition and infrequently include a society's so much significant non secular and symbolic acts. Ritual violence was once relatively assorted and enduring within the prehistoric South American Andes, the place human lives, animals, and fabric items have been sacrificed in secular rites or as choices to the divine.
- Bully Nation: How the American Establishment Creates a Bullying Society
- A Fiery & Furious People: A History of Violence in England
- The Social Origins of Human Rights: Protesting Political Violence in Colombia’s Oil Capital, 1919–2010 (Critical Human Rights)
- Human remains and identification: Mass violence, genocide and the 'forensic turn' (Human Remains and Violence MUP)
- The Ambivalence of Scarcity and Other Essays (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- Identity, Reconciliation and Transitional Justice: Overcoming Intractability in Divided Societies
Additional resources for Conflict Dialogue: Working With Layers of Meaning for Productive Relationships