By Robert Holley P,Robert P. Holley
Honoring the paintings of Ruth C. Carter upon her retirement as editor of Cataloging & class Quarterly, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is a different assortment that includes 21 articles from specialists within the box. Celebrating Dr. Carter’s commitment to technical companies, cataloging, historical past, and administration, those essays bear in mind the entire very important elements of her lifestyles and profession. the $64000 compendium additionally contains an interview with Dr. Carter and a evaluation of Cataloging & class Quarterly (CCQ) in the course of her twenty years at its helm.
In 4 elements, this wide-ranging assortment contains articles that not just span the size and breadth of Dr. Carter’s expert profession, but additionally current new contributions to the sector. the 1st element of Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar considers Dr. Carter’s own background and direct impression on CCQ in addition to what she sees as key concerns in cataloging firstly of the twenty first century. The reviews partly take a world examine cataloging and bibliographic background whereas new learn within the box is gifted partly 3. ultimately, half 4 deals papers that examine present developments in addition to attainable instructions for the rising electronic destiny.
Chapters in Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar comprise:
- a commemorative biographical caricature of Ruth Carter
- an interview the place she discusses her profession as a librarian, archivist, historian, and long-time editor
- a accomplished overview of the contents of Cataloging & class Quarterly from 1990-2006
- an research of the supply of books and analyzing fabrics in Monroe County, Indiana, via 1850
- annotation as a misplaced artwork in cataloging early twentieth-century British libraries
- twenty-five years of bibliographic regulate learn on the college of Bradford
- the Italian cataloging culture and its relationships with the overseas culture
- technical providers and tenure impediments and techniques
- the works phenomenon and top promoting books
- measuring typographical error’ effect on retrieval in bibliographic databases
- assembly the desires of exact structure catalogers
- reproduction cataloging for print and video monographs in educational libraries
- balancing ideas, perform, and pragmatics in a altering electronic setting
- the advance of data buildings on the web
- and may perhaps more!
a special compilation of the numerous matters that seemed in CCQ in the course of Dr. Carter’s 20-year tenure, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is an informative source for librarians, LTS pros, catalogers, scholars, educators, and researchers.
Read or Download Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter PDF
Best publishing & books books
This quantity is the made of the "Sixth Annual SEEP-Conference on monetary Ethics and Philosophy" at the subject matter of 'Cultural elements in fiscal progress' held at Marienrode Monastry, Hildesheim, in April 1998. Our thank you visit our colleagues (including Avner Offner, whose paper couldn't be incorporated here), the workers on the monastry, and Professor Peter Koslowski of the Forschungsinstitut fUr Philo sophie Hannover, and editor of this sequence, for contributing to a really stress-free convention and, we are hoping, an attractive selection of essays.
This annotated bibliography offers a entire survey of writings concerning the Holocaust. The authors current an summary of subject matters together with Christian anti-judentum, anti-semitism, the ethical and non secular reaction to the Nazi persecution and genocide of the Jews, and post-World warfare II responses to the Holocaust as they've got seemed within the millions of books and articles released at the Holocaust.
Konsum ist längst mehr als nur ein Anhängsel der Produktion. Vielmehr ist er ein universales Zeichensystem geworden, in dem hedonistische Konsumwünsche und moralische Konsumkritik nebeneinander koexistieren. Insofern integriert Konsum die Gesellschaft und dient ihr zugleich als Spiegelbild, und er ist für die Einzelnen das ideale Medium der Selbst(er)findung.
A stressful pattern faces schooling within the U. S. —not plagiarism yet educational forgery (students buying and signing their names to paintings produced through others). This publication, via a former specialist forger, describes the adaptation among the 2 and offers case stories besides an exposé of the alternate.
- Selling Your Writing to the Boating Magazines (and other niche mags)
- Music Entries at Stationers' Hall, 1710–1818: from lists prepared for William Hawes, D.W. Krummel and Alan Tyson and from other sources
- Official Publishing: An Overview (Guides to official publications)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Published, 5E (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
- William Maginn and the British Press: A Critical Biography
- Researching the Nineteenth-Century Periodical Press: Case Studies
Extra resources for Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter