By George H. Quester
Read or Download Before and After the Cold War: Using Past Forecasts to Predict the Future (World History Series) PDF
Similar freedom & security books
Over the subsequent decade, political and monetary concerns will frequently reason the us to hunt coalition companions, regardless of its power to behave unilaterally in lots of conditions. whereas this can be not anything new, what's new is the U. S. Army's quick modernization, relative to its allies and power coalition companions.
The tip of the chilly warfare got here nearly as good information for many of the area. nobody had expected the cave in of Communist rule for numerous a long time. This e-book seems at how political scientists did not expect this kind of speedy answer and ways that the area may improve put up chilly War.
This CSIS record examines the strategic implications of manned house exploration. the present part of exploration is coming to an finish, and countries are seeking for the next move. the choices of the us and its companions at the way forward for area exploration will be sure the strategic state of affairs in house.
This is often the surprising actual tale of a brand new York urban cop stuck in an online of paranoia, weapons, a distorted feel of excellent and evil, and approaching disaster…an genuine case examine with chilling mental implications. His identify was once Pete Bon Viso, a negative urban child who made sturdy via becoming a member of the strength. He knew and beloved the road humans.
- The Securitisation of Climate Change: Actors, Processes and Consequences (PRIO New Security Studies)
- Allied and Axis Signals Intelligence in World War II (Studies in Intelligence)
- Evidence for Hope: Making Human Rights Work in the 21st Century (Human Rights and Crimes against Humanity)
- Stretched Thin: Army Forces for Sustained Operations
- European Military Culture and Security Governance: Soldiers, Scholars and National Defence Universities
Additional resources for Before and After the Cold War: Using Past Forecasts to Predict the Future (World History Series)