By Algernon Austin
This ebook is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million american citizens with the main extreme hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of modern Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" educate us approximately race and ethnicity in the US today.
• bargains a critique of Obama from the left on his medical insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties rules, academic reforms, and approach for facing African American concerns
• offers difficult facts displaying that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea celebration supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies innovations for facing white racial anxiousness a few diversifying America
• presents empirically derived estimates of the proportion of the yankee public with powerful anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
During this highbrow history-making quantity, a number of award-winning W. E. B. Du Bois pupil Reiland Rabaka bargains the 1st book-length remedy of Du Bois's seminal sociological discourse: from Du Bois as inventor of the sociology of race to Du Bois because the first sociologist of yank faith; from Du Bois as a pioneer of city and rural sociology to Du Bois as innovator of the sociology of gender and inaugurator of intersectional sociology; and, eventually, from Du Bois as groundbreaking sociologist of schooling and important criminologist to Du Bois as dialectical critic of the disciplinary decadence of sociology and the yankee academy.
Eliot Freidson has written the 1st systematic account of professionalism as a mode of organizing paintings. In ideal-typical professionalism, really good staff keep watch over their very own paintings, whereas within the unfastened marketplace shoppers are in command, and in forms managers dominate. Freidson exhibits how every one approach has its personal common sense requiring other kinds of data, association, profession, schooling and beliefs.
Utilizing newly amassed and present facts and sleek econometric ways, this e-book analyses the gender salary hole in addition to much less explored dimensions of discrimination corresponding to faith, sexual orientation, and actual visual appeal. half One specializes in gender. utilizing a newly amassed database for Italy, it analyses the relevance of transition from tuition to paintings, and specifically the alternative of faculty significant, in opting for the gender incomes hole.
In today’s international, liable biocitizenship has develop into a brand new means of belonging in society. people are anticipated to make “responsible” scientific offerings, together with the choice to be screened for genetic disorder. sarcastically, we have now even come to determine ourselves as having the precise to be dependable vis-à-vis the proactive mitigation of genetic threat.
- More Beautiful and More Terrible: The Embrace and Transcendence of Racial Inequality in the United States
- Race and Ethnicity in the United States
- The Politics of Inequality
- Liberalism, Surveillance, and Resistance: Indigenous communities in Western Canada, 1877-1927 (The West Unbound: Social and Cultural Studies)
- Inside Organized Racism: Women in the Hate Movement
- Unsettling America: The Uses of Indianness in the 21st Century
Additional info for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President