By Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones
- memoirs of homosexual Holocaust survivors and the emergence of the 1st lesbian and homosexual publication membership in its wake
- homophobia within the office and using coming-out tales to augment office variety
- the institution of a gay/straight alliance in a Salt Lake urban highschool that's seriously ruled via Mormons
- gay literary background that examines the works of Langston Hughes in addition to Martin Duberman, Paul Monette, and Edmund White relating to the lesbian 70s
- creative nonfiction a few woman's love for one more girl, her lifelong pal
- Provincetown's notable group reaction to the AIDS epidemicA choice of chapters written through the colleagues and previous scholars of John P. De Cecco, pioneering editor of the magazine of Homosexuality, A Sea of reports takes its identify from a word Dr. De Cecco utilized in his keynote deal with to the “History and reminiscence” convention at Allegheny university in 1997. This convention sparked the assumption for this choice of essays that learn the gay event via ancient, mental, and sociological viewpoints and homosexuality in literature. those brave tales will help readers to understand themselves extra deeply, to spot wih others, and to interpret homosexual and lesbian stories in numerous narrative types.
Read or Download A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco PDF
Similar gay fiction books
For the reason that they settled in L. A. to run their label 3 years in the past, Jett's stressed nature and Goldie's separating repute have broken their former closeness. ardour brings Jett domestic each evening, yet tabloid rumors and growing to be distance among them depart Goldie fearful of wasting Jett perpetually. whereas Goldie secretly longs for a marriage, a toddler, and extra keep an eye on within the bed room, Jett pines for his outdated lifestyles in ny.
Winner of the San Francisco e-book competition Award for homosexual LiteratureThe Day Rider and different tales by way of J. E. Robinson breaks the norm and provides characters nominally positioned in a single international who search to hitch one other, whereas being themselves. Many major characters 'pass' now not in simple terms within the traditional experience, of showing as one race and acculturating as one other, nor as one sexual orientation and relocating very easily into one other as affections and conventions dictate, but in addition in its 'unconventional' senses, of relocating from mortality to immortality, or from the oppressed and deprived to being the oppressor and the privileged.
Epidermis is a narrative of recovery, the recovery of a home and of 2 lives. the home is a gem which has been handled badly and all yet deserted. The lives are extra complex. Sam—an older man—tragically misplaced a very good love. To be complete back he must love back. Toby—a more youthful man—didn’t precisely locate love yet concept he did that is approximately a similar factor.
In 2003, journalist Connor Regan marched via London so as to add his voice to 1000000 others, decrying the upcoming invasion of Iraq. 8 months later, his brother, James, used to be killed in motion in Mosul. 3 years on, Connor unearths himself sure for Iraq to embed with an elite SAS workforce. He units his boots at the floor trying to find closure and solace—anything to ease the soreness of his brother’s dying.
- A Cardboard Heart
- The Love You Leave Behind - Book Two
- Whispering Pines
- El hijo de Billy (Salir del armario) (Spanish Edition)
- Alan Hollinghurst and the Vitality of Influence
- Au milieu de nulle part ( Ici et ailleurs T.1) (French Edition)
Additional info for A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco