By Mary Eagleton
- Introduces readers to the vast scope of feminist conception over the last 35 years.
- Guides scholars alongside the leading edge of present feminist theory.
- Suitable for college students and students of all fields touched by means of feminist thought.
- Covers an incredibly large variety of disciplines, discourses and feminist positions.
- Organised round techniques instead of faculties of feminism.
Read Online or Download A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Winner of the ESSE (European Society for the learn of English) e-book Award for Literature 2006 Literature and the literary have proved singularly immune to definition. Derek Attridge argues that such resistance represents now not a lifeless finish, yet a vital start line from which to discover anew the facility and practices of Western paintings.
Because the targeted contribution of Islamic Spain to Arabic literature, the strophic muwashshahand zajal are nonetheless seen by means of a few as a improvement from putative Romance prototypes. at least seven theories of starting place of the Provençal lyrics were proffered, superior between them being the Arabic origins concept.
The Odes of Horace are a treasure of Western civilization, and this new English translation is a full of life rendition by way of one of many widespread poet-translators of our personal time, David R. Slavitt. Horace was once one of many nice poets of Rome’s Augustan age, reaping rewards (as did fellow poet Vergil) from the friendship of the robust statesman and cultural purchaser Maecenas.
This quantity establishes key recommendations for a trans/national growth within the examine of tradition. utilizing translation as an analytical classification, it explores what's translatable among nation-specific ways corresponding to British/American Cultural reviews, German Kulturwissenschaften and French Sciences Humaines.
- A Guide to Poetics Journal: Writing in the Expanded Field, 1982–1998
- Post-War British Women Novelists and the Canon (Continuum Literary Studies)
- Literary Theology by Women Writers of the Nineteenth Century (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Literature and the Human: Criticism, Theory, Practice
- The Kip Brothers (Early Classics of Science Fiction)
- Jane Austen and Eighteenth-Century Courtesy Books (Contributions to the Study of World Literature)
Additional info for A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)