By Claudia L. Johnson,Clara Tuite
- Provides the main accomplished and up to date array of Austen scholarship
- Functions either as a scholarly reference and as a survey of the main cutting edge speculative advancements within the box of Austen studies
- Engages at size with altering contexts and cultures of reception from the 19th to the twenty-first centuries
Read or Download A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Winner of the ESSE (European Society for the research of English) publication Award for Literature 2006 Literature and the literary have proved singularly proof against definition. Derek Attridge argues that such resistance represents now not a lifeless finish, yet a very important place to begin from which to discover anew the facility and practices of Western paintings.
Because the designated contribution of Islamic Spain to Arabic literature, the strophic muwashshahand zajal are nonetheless seen by means of a few as a improvement from putative Romance prototypes. at least seven theories of beginning of the Provençal lyrics were proffered, most suitable between them being the Arabic origins concept.
The Odes of Horace are a treasure of Western civilization, and this new English translation is a full of life rendition through one of many well known poet-translators of our personal time, David R. Slavitt. Horace was once one of many nice poets of Rome’s Augustan age, reaping rewards (as did fellow poet Vergil) from the friendship of the strong statesman and cultural consumer Maecenas.
This quantity establishes key techniques for a trans/national enlargement within the examine of tradition. utilizing translation as an analytical classification, it explores what's translatable among nation-specific techniques reminiscent of British/American Cultural stories, German Kulturwissenschaften and French Sciences Humaines.
- Orality and Literacy: 30th Anniversary Edition (New Accents)
- Circles of Sorrow, Lines of Struggle: The Novels of Toni Morrison (Southern Literary Studies)
- Cormac McCarthy: New Directions
- English in the Caribbean: Variation, Style and Standards in Jamaica and Trinidad (Studies in English Language)
Extra resources for A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)